Tuesday, November 11, 2008



The ship is going down

And the next election will finish it



This is my response to the Rees/Roozendaal first mini budget. The NSW government has slashed more than $3 billion from its planned spending for the next four years, as today's mini-budget confirms the state will record a deficit of $917 million this financial year.

You have to feel a little sorry for the new Premier and treasurer. I mean really what Carr and too some extent Iemma (let's not forget Costa) left these guys with, is it any wonder that they have to do this and have to admit to the almost 1 billion dollar deficit.

I really am sick of being cynical towards this mob because it is just too easy to do so. Truly I would like to just one day draw a "well done!" type of toon, alas I feel that I will just have to wait until 2011 like every other New South Welshman. At least Rees is cutting out the spin when it comes to the state of the financial situation. I hope this is a trend that continues.

Check out the full story here

No comments: